We are into a new year. 2017. Boom! And so far it’s going ok.
Like everyone else I make New Year’s resolutions. This year though I am making mine more career oriented. Every year they usually are but this year I really plan to amp it up and be more focused. I really want to bring things to the next level. So, here are my resolutions for 2017:
- Become Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- I am currently DEV401 certified. In 2018 the certification is going away. I plan on taking the transition exam to be Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder.
- Become Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant
- I want to get another certification. I have been working a great deal with Salesforce Communities for the past couple of years. It seems logical to attempt this certification as I feel strongly that it will just continue to grow.
- Spend 3-5 days a week on Trailhead
- Trailhead is a great resource for learning all things Salesforce. I have spent some time on the site on personal learning but not enough. This year I really plan on going though as many learning trails as possible.
- Read more books
- I bought a Kindle Voyage recently because I felt I was not reading enough. I wish to read more books in 2017. It will vary between fiction and technical books. Get your read on!
- Blog more
- One of the main reasons for me blogging is to build my communication skills. At the same time I find I am more engaged with the topics I am writing about. In 2017 I would like to blog more here and build my Salesforce knowledge.
Those are my career resolutions. It’s mainly Salesforce oriented but that’s ok. That’s the space I work in and enjoy quite a bit.
Some general resolutions:
- Get to 170 pounds
- In 2016 I lost at most 20 pounds. But during the holidays I gained 9 pounds. Too much food. Not enough running. So, in 2017 I plan on going hardcore low carb diet with a healthy dose of running and weights.
- Game less
- Video games is a great way to whine down a day. Overwatch is my game. But I think I could use that hour or two doing something a bit more productive.
- Eat less fried foods
- Grilled meats for me please!
Well, Happy New Year’s! Enjoy 2017 everyone!